The ZLog-7 module is specifically designed to measure and record data in high-altitude (near-space) experiments. A precision sensor measures atmospheric pressure and onboard temperature. A remote sensor measures outside temperature. The board will also record battery voltage and GPS data. All data is recorded on commercially available microSD flash cards and can be download for analysis on a PC.
Recommended power: Energizer Advanced Lithium 9v #LA522
Tested to over 12 hours operation under various temperatures ranging from -20C to 20C
Weather balloons in Near Space
Approximately 87000 feet
Download the manual
Download the Z7 Software Update Loader
Download the latest firmware 2.24 (right-click, save as)
2.24 - for both Rev1 and Rev2
- adds caching for GPS log in case of power interruption.
Download firmware 2.23 (right-click, save as)
2.23 - for both Rev1 and Rev2
- fix handling of negative GPS altitudes.
- defaults to option ("GL=2") to log raw GPS data to separate file.
Download firmware 2.21 (right-click, save as)
2.21 - for both Rev1 and Rev2
- add option ("LS=n") to set logging interval in seconds (default is 1).
- add GPS firmware version to system log.
- add option ("GL=2") to log raw GPS data to separate file.
- tweaks to read pressure sensor to higher altitude.
Download firmware 2.0 (right-click, save as)
2.0 - for both Rev1 and Rev2
- Support for Rev2 hardware.
- Now uses GPS UTC time for file timestamps.
- Displays and logs humidity (Rev2 only).
- Adds system log "z7-log.txt" on the microSD.
- Improved default settings in case "startup.txt" is missing.
Download the startup.txt file for feet/fahrenheit units (right-click, save as, save to root of your microSD card)
Download the startup.txt file for meters/celsius units (right-click, save as, save to root of your microSD card)
Download Z7toKML.zip - Utility to Convert Z7 .csv file to KML file for loading your flight path to Google Earth
Save Image produces nicely formatted .png images for publishing your data:
ZLog is designed and assembled in the USA from parts both foreign and domestic.
© Hexpert Systems, 2012-2015